[Regular] Director of Finance & Operation
The Research Investment for Global Health Technology Fund Foundation (RIGHT Foundation, www.rightfoundation.kr) is a non-profit foundation established through a public-private-partnership among the Korean government, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Korean Life science companies. Our mission is to contribute to improving health and health equity globally through collaborations between Korean and international life science researchers. The RIGHT Foundation, to be referred to as “the Foundation” from herein, is currently seeking a qualified candidate for:
Director of Finance & Operations
Position SummaryThe Director of Finance & Operations will lead management of finance and operations of the Foundation and will oversee the finance and resource planning including accounting, strategical financial planning and analysis, risk and assurance for the foundation, financial due diligence of the RIGHT Fund’s grantees, and financial review of funded grants. Additionally, he or she will lead the operations, including human resources (HR) and legal compliance. He or she will ensure that the Foundation allocate its resources wisely and efficiently to maximize impact toward the Foundation’s mission. This job requires a high degree of analytic skills, strategic thinking and integrity.
- Financial Management & Leadership
- Lead annual finance review/analysis and strategic planning of the Foundation’s financial resources, including accounting, mid-to-long term forecasting, identifying risks and planning mitigation.
-Provide thought partnership to the Foundation’s Investment Team to structure the Foundation-funded grants to minimize financial risks to the successful execution of the grants
-Conduct routine financial analysis and reviews of the funded grants to identify risks and plan for mitigation
-Conduct financial due diligence of the applicants to the Foundation to minimize risks to the Foundation
-Provide financial insights and support to the Executive Director in fundraising from the industry partners to ensure sustainable operation of the Foundation.
-Oversee annual audits to comply with the Korean law and the submission of the annual finance reports to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
-Improve operational efficiency by refining operational processes in compliance with the Korean law
-Refine and improve HR policies (e.g. compensation and benefits, employee surveys) to attract and retain talent.
-Provide leadership, supervision, coaching, training and/or mentoring to the members of the Finance & Operations team to strengthen the team function
- High ethical standards and integrity with meticulousness in dealing with confidential information
- Strong financial and analytical background with a focus on skills that facilitate decision making (e.g. cash flow forecasting, etc.)
- Ability to solve complex finance problems, and synthesize new approaches to maximize the impact of the foundation’s investments and minimize risks
- Understanding of accounting principles and financial system/process optimization
- Excellent organizational and oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with sensitivity across barriers such as language and culture
- Understanding of healthcare R&D, product development and regulatory fundamentals is desirable
- Fluency in Korean and a high degree of proficiency in English (i.e. understanding spoken and written English in professional settings). Fluency in both languages preferred.
- Proven track record of leading, supervising and coaching team members to motivate and cultivate team members
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of work experience required in a role equivalent to conduct or lead strategic financial analysis and planning in the private sector
- Minimum of 5 years required in a role equivalent to the Director of Finance or Chief Finance Officer
- Experience in the life science, biotechnology industry or R&D fund preferred
- Human resources, IT, and other operational management experiences desirable.
- A proven track record in managing a team.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in business management, financial accounting or in other disciplines that require strong quantitative analytic skills is required.
- Finance or Accounting related licenses (CFA, CMA, CPA, CIA etc.) desirable
Required Application Materials & Recruiting Process
- Application Period : 2023-02-1 ~ Until Hiring
- Required Documents : Cover Letter & CV (Korean & English, Including expected joining date & anticipated salary)
- Submit to : [email protected]
- Recruiting Process: Application Review -> 1st Interview*-> Final Interview
*Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- Recruiting Type : Regular (6 Months of Probation Period Included)
- Working hours: 40 hours/week (max. 52 hours a week, flexible hours allowed)
- Working Area: Dongdeok Building 4F, 68 Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul (Anguk St. #4)
- Salary: TBD after discussion. The Foundation offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience